October 20, 2012

I'm Back

I'm baaaaack........ not that anybody noticed I was gone or anything.....  just kidding. A few of you wondered what happened to this blog!

I tend to use the excuse, "It's been a crazy week here" all of the time. All. Of. The. Time. But, the truth is, it really does seem to be crazy busy here most every second of my life. Except for the seconds when I'm sleeping and then I'm pretty much dead to the world. Including the blogging world. Which, in turn, has made some of my friends and family wonder what's going on with this Shaking Of the Apples thingy. So, maybe it's time for confession....

I'm really lazy. 
Ha, ha, ha.


I haven't been on here since July, which is hard to believe.
I haven't read a single blog from anyone since July. July! 
That's not even healthy....


So, here's a quick recap of the months I've missed. Or the months you've missed. Or the months that maybe never really existed .... this could be a parallel universe after all .....

1. We went on vacation to Iowa. It was hot and sticky, but not in a good way like cinnamon rolls which are hot and sticky in an awesome way. No. It was sweatouteveryporeofyourbodyevenwhenyouareintheshade type of hot. Which, in turn, facilitated the need to go swimming at the pool as much as possible. We had a ton of fun with our family and there's only a bazillion pictures for me to share on here.

2. Some birthday's happened. Duh. That's a no-brainer.

3. We went on vacation to Michigan. This time it wasn't hot. It was cold. We did not pack appropriately, but hey, at least we weren't sweating like crazy. More family. More fun. We also had the opportunity to spend some time with Dr. Kleinig who was in Grand Rapids teaching a continuing ed class. Plus we were able to stop in Ft.Wayne for a few days and visit some old friends and go to the seminary for a day.

4. When I type it out like this it seems like we've been four-wheeling across the country having fun for the past few months.

5. I think I'm going to change my excuse from being "crazy busy" to "jet setter".

Pictures to follow.....







No comments: