January 10, 2012

Fresh Air

We live just a block away from an awesome "Open Space" area.

Open Space. As in, park. Or trails. Or prairie dog habitat.
You choose one. They all fit.
So, yes, that's what we call it in Denver. "Open Space."

I know all you Midwest folks are laughing at us right now. Go ahead...


Anyway, this open space area was one of the reasons why we wanted to live in this neighborhood.
It's a great place to walk your dogs or kids, ride bikes, or go running.
Unfortunately, I feel like we don't always utilize it as much as we should.

Yesterday was a beautiful day out, even though we still had snow on the ground.
We went for a walk at our open space.



On our way down the hill, we came upon a bunch of geese just sitting around in a field. The kids looked at me. I looked at them. Then I said, "Go for it!" and off they ran to chase the geese.
I don't know why that is so fun to do, but if I didn't have Renata strapped to my chest, I might've been right out there with them.



This is the trail we were on. Muddy and snowy and messy. But, it was too nice of a day not to get out there in it.




We saw evidence of some beavers, but haven't actually ever seen them. Maybe this summer we'll be lucky enough to see the little critters.



On our way home we stopped to feed some ducks. They were waddling around in the puddles, just being cute. We ran out of bread fast though, they were hungry. Next time we'll have to bring more.


The sun is shining bright again today, but I don't think it's supposed to last for long. I heard there was more snow on it's way!

No comments: