January 6, 2012

Chasing Rainbows

Okay. Since Monique asked what book I decided to read first, I'm going to let you all know. (And, a big thank you to Monique for actually reading my drivel! I sometimes think I'm talking to myself on here. Which is normal, by the way. You know. Talking to yourself. I'm not the only one who does that, right? RIGHT? Anyone??? ahem... sorry.)

Because I didn't want to be a total failure in my first attempt at this whole reading thing, I chose wisely.
Which means two things.

1. I chose a book that didn't have a ton of pages

2. I chose a book that was free on Kindle.

My reasoning was, if I did disappoint myself then at least I didn't shell out any bucks doing it.


If you go to Amazon , there you will find the book that I tackled first. And, you don't even have to pay anything to read it!

I suppose I should also add that I chose this book because of the storyline. A character who has recently lost her father, dealing still with grief from her baby dying years ago.... it seemed like we had a few things in common.

I found the main character, Bernadette, to be hilariously funny. And sad at the same time. This book takes you along on her journey to rediscovering just who she is and what it means to really live life. The characters are quirky, a quality that I find endearing. I had a hard time putting this book down. I found myself making excuses to feed Renata just so that I could sit and read another chapter. And, it was a super easy read. I think I finished it in 3 days, which is astonishing for me.

You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll cheer for her to pick herself up again.

If anything, this is a total chick book. But, every now and again, it's nice to read a story that doesn't make your brain hurt!


Read the book. Then tell me what you thought. I'd love to hear it!

3 comments:

Shannon M. said...

So I downloaded it, started to read and the first time I put it down I was on Chapter 6 thinking her friend might be the PSB. Then by Chapter 9 I really started to dislike the friend even more. My heart was breaking for the Peas fanatic and the checked out ice-rink grouch was next on the self absorbed list. Any way I put it down a couple of days ago and my mind is racing about all the unresolved issues I'd heard, encountered and kicked myself for not saying in the past few weeks. Wow! This book is something I'm not so sure I want to finish. The crazy in me is begging for more though. Great choice? I hope so.

Linda said...

Shannon,
Aren't you glad that you finished the book? You have to read it all, otherwise it's just going to leave you sad.
I have another book I want you to try now...

Monique said...

Oh, this is great. I just finished a book last night and was trying to figure out what to read next.

I think this is exactly what I'm looking for. Late at night I just can't do anything heavy because I'm too tired.

Thanks for the recommendation.