July 4, 2011

Happy July 4th!!!

I hope you are having a wonderful time celebrating Independence Day!

Here are a few snapshots of what we've been up to...



Yes, that is Adrian, building yet another picnic table. We are both relieved to be getting rid of the wood and actually putting it towards something useful!
So far, he has made 3 large picnic tables, and one small one for the children. I love them!



I made red, white and blue jello salad. I had to. The children love jello and it just seemed like a fun, festive thing to do. We ate some for lunch and we still have another bowl ready to share with our guests at dinner. J-E-L-L-O!





I made some fruit kabobs. This is the only way that I can be sure my children will share fruit with our guests. We've been eating about a watermelon a day lately. They love fruit! It turned out pretty cute, don't you think?



Can you guess which vegetables are from our garden? Only the broccoli and yellow pepper are from the store... the rest we've picked in the last few days. I think composting has worked!




Joanna's swim team had a bake sale today, so we made cupcakes for that and for ourselves. Chocolate chip cookie dough, fresh strawberry (actually made with our strawberries!), and banana split. I also made a lemon meringue pie.


Now, we are just waiting for our guests to arrive so we can fire up the grill. After dinner, it's off to see the fireworks! I can't wait to see how the children will react!

No comments: