July 29, 2011

Beach Bums

Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Those days of soda and pretzels and beer
Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Dust off the sun and moon and sing a song of cheer
Just fill your basket full of sandwiches and weenies
Then lock the house up, now you're set
And on the beach you'll see the girls in their bikinis
As cute as ever but they never get 'em wet

                                                                            - Nat King Cole 1963
                                                                (Those Lazy,Hazy,Crazy Days of Summer)


A few days ago we went to Bear Creek State Park with some friends to play at the beach.
It was a hot, hot day.



I, of course, didn't have my camera with me because I took it inside after I had forgotten in it my van overnight. So, these pictures were taken with my phone. You'll just have to squint a little bit.


Here is Maggie with her friend, Adaley. These two are going to be trouble together someday I am afraid...



We brought our beach toys with us to test them out before we get to Lake Michigan in a few weeks.



It was a good thing we went to the beach. Annie wasn't too fond of the sand at first. And, she screamed when we went towards the lake. It was a little murky, but she acted like the water might kill her.



The sand toys were a hit though. I can't wait to see how much fun the children are going to have on the big beaches in Michigan!



The children immediately started building their own lake. Or murky, muddy hole. It's all in the eye of the beholder.



Some thought went into this, and they all worked together to build whatever it was that they built.



Adding the final touches of grass and seaweed.




Beautiful, isn't it? Well, the girls are pretty beautiful.



Here is our friend, Janae, out in the water with the kids. She just had a baby and is in a bathing suit. She is my hero.
She was also more willing to go out and play with the children than I was. Which was great. I stood on the beach and took pictures.



Like I mentioned before, the place was packed full of people. It was a hot day. There were lots of interesting folks there...



All I can say is that old men in bikini bottoms doesn't do it for me. Or anyone else for that matter. Really, even young dudes in speedos kind of grosses me out. How is that even comfortable to wear? I think when it's hot outside, modesty flies out the window... along with normal swim trunks.

Anyway, we had a fun time with our friends and look forward to the next time we get to play on the beach, which is just a few weeks away!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cropping is your friend!

JAN said...

I've been to that park. It was fun. The kids loved playing in the sand.