June 15, 2011

Banana Poppy Seed Chocolate Chip Muffins

I tried to shorten the name on these, but I just couldn't find the right words.
Banana PoSeed ChoChip? BPSCC? NanaSeedChip Muffins?
See, it just wasn't working for me. And, I couldn't really leave out "poppy seeds" or "chocolate chips" from the label because, well, they are both one of the main ingredients that makes this muffin. So, I hope you have a big enough recipe card simply to fit the title on. Or just write small. Or, if you are witty enough to come up with a good, short name for them, go ahead.

I love this recipe because it's simple, yet different from just a plain, ole' banana muffin. These muffins have become one of my children's favorite treats for breakfast or just as a snack. We make them in the mini muffin tins and in the regular muffin size. They freeze well too if you just don't think you can eat them all at one time.




Banana Poppy Seed Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
2 mashed bananas
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Mix together egg, sugar and vegetable oil. Add milk, poppy seeds and mashed bananas. Mix well. Sift into a small bowl the dry ingredients. Add this to the banana mixture. Mix well. Using a wooden spoon, fold in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into paper lined and greased muffin tins.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake regular size muffins 20 minutes, mini muffins 10 minutes.


See? Don't they look like something you'd like to try to make and eat?
So simple, really. And, there's one more thing I should tell you about these muffins.... they won a 4-H blue ribbon at  county fair and were alternate to state fair. I'm pretty sure that seals the deal for most folks.

2 comments:

Katie Fiene said...

I'll have to make these. They look wonderful! I was given several grocery bags full of bananas and they are all sitting in my freezer waiting to be made into something.

Linda said...

Try them Katie! I think you'll like them!