March 15, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken

My friend, Terri, loaned me a cookbook (a few months ago) that she had gotten as a Christmas gift from her husband. Because I'm such a good friend, I haven't given it back yet. In fact, I've decided to keep it.
That's right. I'm keeping it.

I did order her a brand new one off Amazon. I'm not that bad of a friend!!!

The reason for this is twofold: 1.) I really love the cookbook. The recipes are tasty, easy and work with our grocery budget. Plus, they are making me feel more organized. 2.) I have left lots of fingerprints and smudge marks on pages. I would feel guilty giving her anything less than a new book back... especially since it was a brand-new cookbook at Christmas! (we'll see if she ever lets me borrow anything again!)




Here is the link to the cookbook on Amazon. I also discovered that these ladies have a facebook page and a blog. Totally worth checking out.


So, now that I've gone on and on about this cookbook, I should tell you that there is one recipe in particular that my children love.
It's the Teriyaki Chicken.

First, you need a tray of boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Our grocery stores have had them on sale the past few weeks, so I've been stocking up. The children prefer them over chicken breasts.


You need to rinse off the thighs, put them in a big freezer bag and smother them with garlic. They should resemble these when you are done....




We buy this garlic from Costco. It's inexpensive, tastes wonderful, and is so easy to use. I put garlic in almost everything because I have a jar of it in my fridge, at my disposal.




Finally, you just need to mix up your Teriyaki ingredients and pour it over the chicken. Next stop is the freezer. Whenever you have the hankering to eat Teriyaki chicken, you just need to take it out and defrost it.
Easy, delicious, time-saving, penny-pinching meal.





Marinade for Teriyaki Chicken
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 T. vegetable oil
3 tsp. minced garlic
3 tsp. minced ginger
 
 


No comments: