March 2, 2011

Joanna

This post is late. It's been a few weeks now since the birthday actually happened. But, since the sickness visited our house for the whole month of February, I am a bit behind on things in general.


Our eldest girl turned eleven last month. (yes, that is me you hear sobbing in the background)

Can she really be that old? Where has the time gone?

It seems like only yesterday that she was out digging in the dirt and playing in the flower beds...
Oh, wait, that was yesterday....

Following are just a few of the things that describe the person of Joanna.

She is a chef in the making....
There seems to always be a plate of chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies freshly made at our house.



She is a lover of the outdoors....


She is a creative soul...



She is a great big sister. And, someday, she will be a wonderful mother.


She is an avid reader. The other children refer to her as "The Bookworm"....


She is a collector of junk, I mean "treasures".
And, although her collections drive me batty sometimes, she keeps reassuring me that she has an idea for all this stuff....


Joanna is a wonderful blessing from God. We are so very thankful to have such a charming, young lady in our midst.
Happy Birthday Jo!

1 comment:

Bethtastic said...

Happy Birthday Joanna!

You don't know me...I was in college with your parents and haven't even seen them for probably 12 years now, but my wish is still the same!

Hope this year is your best yet!

:)