February 18, 2011

Whine

We've got "the whine" at our house.... and, unfortunately, I'm not talking about Cabernet, Zinfandel or Merlot...

"Mommy, I don't feel good..."

cough, cough....
(intermittent crying)

"Daddy, I have a headache"

cough, cough, cough

"Mommy, I'm not hungry...."

(intermittent crying)

"Mommy, I'm hungry...."

"Mommy, I don't want to eat THAT! I want something else!"

cough, cough, cough.....

"Daddy! I need to go potty!"

cough, cough....
(more intermittent crying)


The weather outside has been beautiful for the past few days. Temps up in the 60's, sun shining, birds singing.... you'd almost think spring has arrived.
Other than the fact that we have "the whine" at our house right now.

Yesterday, while my patience was quickly evaporating, I realized that we needed a distraction.

So, you know what we did?

We took the van to the car wash.

It ate up at least 20 minutes of our time, plus we were out of the sick house.
The children were enthralled by the high-powered suds and water.
There was minimal whining.

Perfect.

So, if the whine ever comes a-knocking at your door, there is one way to quiet it down for a few minutes.
Go get a car wash.


There you have it, my solid parenting advice for the week.


I pray for a better weekend...... especially since Birthday Season officially arrives at our house tomorrow......

No comments: