December 5, 2010

Christmas Baking Begins!

I like Christmas cookies. The reasons why are almost too numerous to mention.... the aroma that fills your house, the warmth that fills the kitchen (especially our kitchen, since we "like" to keep our house at a toasty 62 degrees.... that subject could have a whole blog post devoted to it someday) , the wonderful feeling you have when licking the cookie batter off the spatula, the exercise requirement I get while rolling out cookies, the geometry lesson the children have while rolling cookies into balls, the wonderment of pressing molds into cookies to reveal (always to the the little one's amazement) a special little imprint left behind, the artistic expression of frosting, the only bling I spend money on these day...sprinkles, the list could go on and on.

So, I am going to try and post all of the Christmas baking we will be attempting at our house. I am not a master chef or pastry queen. Most of the time my treats taste better than they actually look! So, if you're looking for some new, wonderful recipe, you may or may not find it here. But, at least my extended family can catch a glimpse of what we are up to, and if anyone else is paying attention, well... I'm sure you'll get a good laugh at our expense.
ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Shannon M. said...

Post it! What a better way to spend my day at work? LOL!